This course covers the knowledge-based requirements of NFPA 1033, the Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Investigator. Upon successful completion the student receives a certificate.
FireWise is known for its expertise in providing fire investigation education for more than ten years. We have now partnered with the world’s leading fire investigation expert, Dr. John DeHaan, to bring you a blended online and practical education program. With over 40 years’ experience in fire and explosion related forensic science, Dr. DeHaan has been involved in many national and international efforts to improve fire investigation. He has authored six editions of Kirk’s Fire Investigation since 1982, one of the most widely used textbook in the field.
About the program:
- 24+/- hours of online study time broken down over a 9-week period
- Twenty-four chapters with a mid-term quiz, concluding with a final exam
- Follow our 9-week study guide or proceed at your own pace to finish sooner
- Presented on a university-quality, easy to use learning platform
- All chapters of NFPA 921 and the Jones & Bartlett Principles & Practice are presented
- Several subject matter experts, including Dr. DeHaan, contributed to the development of the curriculum
- In-house course instructors available by email or phone for questions and assistance
- Technical support available during regular business hours
- Study Guides are the current edition of NFPA 921 or Jones and Bartlett’s Fire Investigator Principles and Practice (optional).