The FireWise Company Inspection Program is a comprehensive online course, endorsed by the Institution of Fire Engineers. It is designed to increase the knowledge base of firefighters who currently perform fire safety inspections or prepare new firefighters for their role in a fire department company inspection program. This training is available to both individuals and fire departments in Canada and the USA. It is a practical tool that will teach you how to conduct a fire safety inspection on low occupant load, low risk public buildings.
Who should take this course?
Firefighters who currently perform fire safety inspections or new firefighters to prepare them for a role in a fire department company inspection program. Available to individuals and fire departments throughout Canada and the USA. This course is for those who need to know how to conduct a fire safety inspection on low occupant load, low risk public buildings.
- Two versions available based on the National Building and Fire Codes of Canada, and the International Building and Fire Codes.
- Exceeds the job performance requirements of the NFPA 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, sections 4.5.1 and 4.5.2.
- Cost-effective way to gain valuable fire prevention and life safety education
- A practical training tool that will increase the knowledge base of firefighters who currently perform company inspections or prepare new participants for their role in a company inspection program.
- University-quality designed curriculum; easy to navigate learning platform.
- Customization options available.
Curriculum available online or through classroom format.
Ten modules with a quiz after each, concluding with a final exam.
Online training 8 +/- hours.
$339 plus applicable taxes, group pricing of 5 or more available.
Bob Turley, a founding partner of FireWise, delivers to us training developed from over 40 years of fire service experience including 30 years in the field of fire prevention. As a recipient of the Queens Diamond Jubilee medal in recognition of his contributions to the BC Fire Service, Bob shows us what to look for during fire safety inspections of low risk low occupant load buildings that make up more than 70% of the buildings in most communities.
He knows first-hand the importance of well-informed training as he oversaw the development and delivery of various training programs through the Office of the Fire Commissioner serving the Province of BC. This course is based on decades of life-work experience and on-going research.
To read Bob’s comprehensive bio, click here.
Endorsed by the Institution of Fire Engineers - Canada Branch and peer reviewed extensively by Canadian fire service professionals.
Course certificate awarded for final examinations with a 70% or higher score.
High speed internet connection and current internet browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
PDF textbook available upon request.
- Course administrators available by email or phone for questions, assistance and technical support.