Please note: If you do not require accreditation, please enrol in the core NFPA 1033 Fire Investigation Education
Register by April 4 to attend the Practicum on June 13 - 14, 2020 at Ponoka in central Alberta.
FireWise is known for its expertise in providing fire investigation education for more than ten years. We have now partnered with the world’s leading fire investigation expert, Dr. John DeHaan, to bring you a blended online and practical education program. With over 40 years’ experience in fire and explosion related forensic science, Dr. DeHaan has been involved in many national and international efforts to improve fire investigation. He has authored six editions of Kirk’s Fire Investigation since 1982, one of the most widely used textbook in the field.
About the program:
- 24+/- hours of online study time broken down over a 9-week period followed by a two day practical evaluation and written exam
- Twenty-four chapters with a mid-term quiz, concluding with a final exam
- Follow our 9-week study guide or proceed at your own pace to finish sooner
- Presented on a university-quality, easy to use learning platform
- All chapters of NFPA 921 and the Jones & Bartlett Principles & Practice are presented
- Several subject matter experts, including Dr. DeHaan, contributed to the development of the curriculum
- In-house course instructors available by email or phone for questions and assistance
- Technical support available during regualr business hours
- Study Guides are the current edition of NFPA 921 or Jones and Bartlett’s Fire Investigator Principles and Practice
About the practicum:
- Saturday, June 13 - Sunday, June 14, 2020
- Ponoka County Regional Fire Services, East District Fire Hall, 6705 46th Avenue, Ponoka, AB
- Class size limited to 24 participants
- Students will participate in a live cubicle burn plus investigation, practical evaluation and written exam
- Ponoka is conveniently located in central Alberta: 30 minutes north of Red Deer, 2 hours north of Calgary and 45 minutes south of Edmonton International Airport
Register by April 4 to finish by June 13 for the practicum in Ponoka, Alberta. Class size limited to just 24 participants!
Don’t delay – limited spots available!